Vacancy Transition Manager Agricultural Supply Chains
Are you ready for a challenging position in which you can put your knowledge of and experience in developing international agri supply chains to good use?
FairMatch Support is an organization that wants to contribute to sustainable agricultural supply chains. We work in the role of advisor, coach, or (knowledge) partner. We have offices in The Netherlands, in Central Asia and in West Africa. We work in small and dedicated teams in multiple agricultural sectors – nuts, fruits, rice, and cocoa – with and for people all over the globe: companies, farmers, our network of dedicated partners, donors, and other stakeholders. Our approach is farmer driven and market oriented. We support companies, being it multinationals or ‘local heroes’, to build or improve their supply chains. Parallel, we aim to shape the conditions in which farmers can thrive and grow their farming businesses.
Our final goal is sector change, creating sustainable and futureproof value chains in which there is a proper business case and fair profit sharing for everybody involved, we approach our projects as a means to achieve this. We value long-term collaboration because we experience that real change does usually not happen overnight. Our long-term involvement in sectors and our pragmatic and business-oriented approach is what clients appreciate.
Innovation is a key element of our work. We go after solutions for the challenges of tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow). This makes our work dynamic and exciting, but it often requires the patience and endurance to swim against the tide for the tide to turn.
Capabilities of our new colleague
We, as team in Amersfoort (NL), are looking for a “Transition Manager Agricultural Supply chains”, the only type of role in the team besides our finance manager. The person we are looking for we characterise as ‘impact driven chameleon’. If you are
• Capable to think and approach things from various perspectives: farmers, SMEs, multinationals, agencies, and funding agencies;
• Experienced in working in an intercultural setting;
• Someone who has a good sense of what a situation needs e.g., balancing between taking the lead or a step back;
• Able to think strategically, holistically, and practically;
• Someone with affinity with data analysis to use for improvements,
• A good writer; able to write for different target groups;
• Intrigued by the challenges in the global food system; in particular the ones that specific agri-value chains are facing;
• Goal oriented instead of target oriented;
• Willing to travel regularly to countries like Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Nigeria etc.
• Open minded and eager to learn, then we are looking for you!
The work in a nutshell
• Develop new propositions with companies and other stakeholders;
• Work closely with partners to monitor progress and adjust the strategy where needed to have an effective implementation of projects;
• Facilitate the process of value chain transitions with multiple and diverse stakeholders;
• Maintain relationships with companies, partners and funding agencies;
• Advise/think along in the development of data management systems of companies/cooperatives;
• Report to stakeholders and funders on the progress made;
What you get in return
• A position in a motivated team that wants and needs to make a difference together;
• A job that has many different sides in terms of daily activities, approaches and projects;
• Work in a dynamic, international, intercultural and business-oriented setting;
• The opportunity to work closely with companies in often long-term trajectories to strengthen/improve their supply chains with the prerequisite that the whole value chain should be better off to make it last;
• A setting with the openness to challenge the status quo and think about the way to go for the future;
• The space to explore and develop innovative approaches to make a long-term difference;
• A possibility to help partners build their capacities.
For more info on the vacancy:
Herman uit de Bosch, (+31613232794) or Lotte Amelink (+31648387638)
Applications in English consisting of CV and motivational letter before the 31st of July to: email@example.com
Commercial inquiries and applications (via intermediary) regarding to this vacancy are not appreciated.
Stay up to date on our latest news
Want to know more about what we do, our approach and expertise? Scroll through our latest news and blogs.Updates